Amtrak will give a free companion ticket for those booking a roomette by Dec. 8 for travel from January 3 through March 27. Use code C103.
Saturday, December 2, 2023
There are several opportunities for us to learn about what's happening at the city level concerning walking, biking, and taking the bus. Please try to attend one or more if you can. Also, would you be interested in joining a panel to talk about Transit Equity in early February? If yes, please email LaCrosseTransitAdvocates@proton.me.
But first, please come on Thursday, December 14 from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Talk Transit with MTU staff at the Southside Neighborhood Center, 1300 South 6th Street (accessibly via #1 or Circulators). The event is hosted by the MTU, but LATA will have a table there. Can you help staff it? Please email or call 608-315-2693 if yes!
- On Tuesday, Dec. 12 at 8:30 a.m., the city's Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) will meet in the Council Chambers at City Hall AND online. The agenda is available at least 24 hours before the meeting and includes the link to attend online. Learn more here: https://tinyurl.com/LaXBPAC
- On Tuesday, December 12 at 4:00 p.m., the city's MTU Board will meet online at 4:00 p.m. Find more information, agendas, and link to attend at https://tinyurl.com/LaXMTUBd
Our LATA leaders meeting will be on Wednesday, December 13 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. We'll talk about Transit Equity Days plans (Jan. 29 through Feb. 4) and what we want to do in 2024. Please join us if you can! Call or email for the link to join.
We would love to include more communities in our recognition of Transit Equity Days (TED), Jan. 29 through Feb. 4. Without access to good transit, many people are left our of life. We are building a week of transit/equity-related programs and events. If your group, organization, faith community, non-profit, or business would like to support TED, please email or call.
Remember, the Transportation for Amerca Transportation Camp Unconference happens on Saturday, January 6. This is a great chance to hear good ideas from around the country, connect with other transit advocates, and listen to fantastic speakers. The keynoter will be Veronica O. Davis, Transportation Manager, City of Houston. Her new book, Inclusive Transporation: A Manifesto for Repairing Divided Communities is a must-read! Get more information and register for the online conference here: https://t4america.org/transportation-camp/
Thursday, November 16, 2023
We just heard that the Route 1 bus will be back on its normal track soon! With the
reconstruction of South Avenue, several stops have changed. Here's a brief update:
The South Ave detour ends on Monday, November 20, 2023, and the buses will go back to the normal route.
Some bus stops have been relocated due to the road changes.
Route 1 South Ave - Outbound
- The bus stops have been removed from West Avenue and South Avenue and from South Ave and Bennett.
- A new stop has been placed on South Ave by Kwik Spirits.
- The bus stop and shelter remains by Aptiv but there is no longer a bus pull off lane
Route 1 Downtown - Inbound
- The bus shelter by the Hmong Cultural Center on Ward Avenue has been moved closer to driveway.
- The bus stop has been removed from 16th Street and South Ave and placed on South Avenue by the crosswalk close to America's Best Cleaning
- The bus stop on the corner of South Avenue and West Avenue has been moved back on South Avenue close to the parking lot of Inland Printing.
No other bus stops have been affected.
Saturday, November 11, 2023
Feedback online at https://forwardlacrosse.org/
Remember to include transit in your input, stories, and suggestions. We need safe sidewalks and secure bike parking at bus stops, for example.
Would you attend a transit-oriented input session? Stay tuned!