UPDATE: The press event originally scheduled for Monday has been RESCHEDULED! It will now be held on WEDNESDAY, FEB. 1 AT 10 A.M. AT THE GRAND RIVER STATION TRANSIT CENTER. Please attend if you can!
How can transit advocates use this event to educate and agitate for better transit in our area?
1. Share the flyer above online by emailing your contacts and reposting to your social media. If you want to print and post one, use this .pdf version.
2. Sign the Thank You card right now to show local transit workers we recognize and appreciate the essential service they provide.
If you can, attend the press event to kick-off the week on Monday, January 30 at 1 p.m. at the Jay Street Transit Center PRESS EVENT RESCHEDULED TO WEDNESDAY, FEB. 1 AT 10:00 A.M.
4. Please check the event page at tinyurl.com/LaXTED2023 to see if your elected city council representative or county board member will be holding an Office Hour on the Bus and plan to ride with them. If your representative is not on the list yet, please ask them to participate. If you are unable to ride when they are riding, please consider calling or emailing them to talk about transit.
5. If you haven't yet, use this online form to share your transit story. We'll share these stories with decision makers next week and throughout the year.
6. If you are on Twitter, follow us @LaXWIForTransit and retweet our posts with #LaCrosseTED when you see them.
These two online events are of particular interest to transit advocates! Please attend if you can:
On Tuesday, January 31 at 7 p.m. Susan Gaeddert of 1000 Friends of Wisconsin will talk about "Transit Equity and Climate Action" in a program hosted by the Coulee Region Sierra Club. Register here: https://tinyurl.com/CRSC-013123
On Wednesday, February 1 at 2 p.m., the Sustainability Institute's monthly Sustainability Chat will cover local and regional public transit with MTU Director, Adam Lorentz and La Crosse Area Planning Committee Executive Director Peter Fletcher who will talk about the SMRT program. Register here: https://www.sustaininstitute.com/event-details/sustainability-chats-local-public-transportation
Remember to check out the event page for updates and more details!